Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Quickie About Pansexuality

Last night I was having a talk with a friend about this blog and various things related to sex. At one point the topic of sexual orientation came up and I mentioned that I saw myself as pansexual.
For those of you who are unaware, pansexuality is defined, according to wikipedia, as being characterized by the potential aesthetic attraction, romantic love, or sexual desire towards people regardless of their gender identity or biological sex.
There is a difference between this and bisexuality as pansexuality is a way to skip gender binaries that often help define the interests of a bisexual person.

While I have my specific tastes for a male or a female (big tits and blonde hair vs a beard and chest hair) and ones that fall under both categories (tattoos, glasses) I do not see most biological sexual attributes (even down to the genitalia) as any means of deciding a future mate. I also see transexuals and other people who go beyond gender binary as beautiful and someone I could consider dating.

As I mentioned to my friend, I am a very testosterone driven women but just because I don't wear frills and makeup doesn't make my vagina any less meaningful.
I love hardcore music.
I love hot pink.
I love meat and potatoes.
I love cotton candy.
I love watching/playing rugby.
I love bubblegum.

If that means I'm androgynous than so be it.


"The first time I slept with a woman I freaked out. I was like am I gay? Am I straight? And then I realized, I'm just a slut"- Margaret Cho (this was done by memory so I doubt its verbatim).

2 comments:

  1. Hey I just came across your blog and saw the quote at the end of your post and realized that I had it saved on my computer:

    "I slept with a woman on the ship, and afterwards I was thinking, “Am I gaaaay? Am I straaaaight?” And then I realized: I’m just slutty. Where’s my parade?"
    Margaret Cho

    Anyway, there it is. I love the last line.

    ReplyDelete